Morning Jolt: Teammates convinced Favre will retire
FOX's Jay Glazer said Sunday that Brett Favre's teammates are convinced he'll retire. Favre was asked if he was going to take a few months to decide his future. "I wouldn't say months, I know people are rolling their eyes or will roll their eyes," Favre said. "In a situation like this, I really don't want to make a decision right now based solely on what's happened. (profootballtalk) Comment
A league source said Golden State, Minnesota and Cleveland have shown interest in acquiring Suns power forward Amar'e Stoudemire. Stoudemire has said he wants to play for a title contender but prefers to stay with the Suns, who met with his agent Thursday. Stoudemire was upset about a recent report that said the Suns have locker-room tension involving him. (Arizona Republic) Comment
A slew of teammates and media engulf Saints quarterback Drew Brees after New Orleans topped Minnesota in overtime to win the NFC (AP).
So this is what goes on at a pre-playoff, NFL team meeting?
- SI Vault: More Brett Favre
- 1998 -- John Elway leads the Broncos past Brett Favre and the Packers in Super Bowl XXXII
- 1992 -- Dan Jansen skates a world record 500-m in 36.41 seconds
- 1991 -- Brett Hull becomes third NHL player to score 50 goals in fewer than 50 games
- 1989 -- Michael Jordan scores his 10,000th NBA point in his fifth season