Cam Newton, Jay Cutler, Peyton Manning :: Getty ImagesHot Clicks archive | Follow Jimmy Traina on Twitter | Subscribe to the Hot Clicks Podcast | Join the Hot Clicks Facebook Group | E-mail a comment, question or link.
With the NFL season getting under way tonight, here are some over/under win totals I'd recommend taking a flyer on for recreational purposes only. Hopefully, those of you who dabble for more than recreational purposes listened to my baseball over/unders this year
because you're about to go 5-1 with a possibility of 6-0 if the Angels stay hot and finish 26-7 to close out the season. The five possible winners include over 87 1/2 Rays (they need to go 13-13 for a win), over 86 1/2 Braves (need to go 11-15 to win), under 90 1/2 Red Sox (they'd have to go 25-3 to be a loser), under 93 1/2 Phillies (need 29 wins with 26 games left so that's already in the books) and under 78 1/2 Royals (need to go 27-9 to be a loser). As for the NFL over/unders, you can see the full list here
, but these are my best bets...
* Panthers over 7.5 wins: I don't see Cam Newton
having a sophomore slump. I say he only gets better.
* Bears over 9.5 wins: Bigger than the addition of Brandon Marshall
is the loss of offensive coordinator Mike Martz
. Jay Cutler
will now have protection.
* Broncos over 9 wins: They won eight games last year with a quarterback who couldn't complete a pass. Peyton Manning
can complete passes.
* Jets under 8 1/2 wins: Outside of wide receiver Santonio Holmes
, who is not exactly a good teammate, they have zero offensive talent.
* Niners under 10 wins: I don't see quarterback Alex Smith
doing it again.
* Raiders under 7 wins: Carson Palmer
is their starting quarterback. Enough said.