Tuesday September 29th, 2015

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose, accused of sexual assault in a civil lawsuit filed by a woman claiming to be his ex-girlfriend, denied all allegations against him in court filings published on Tuesday.

TMZ first reported details from the court filing. Rose has a hearing against “Jane Doe” set for February 2017 in Los Angeles County Superior Court, according to CBS Chicago.

Rose also denied the allegations during an appearance at the Bulls' media day on Monday and previously in a statement released by his attorney after the civil suit was filed last month.

The woman alleges that in an August 2013 incident, Rose and two friends drugged and later sexually assaulted her in her apartment. In Rose's court filing, which is embedded below, his attorneys claim “[t]he plaintiff consented to all sexual interaction and was not injured at all, and did not report, show or claim any injuries to anyone.”

During his media day appearance on Monday, Rose said, “I think you all saw everything that was put out. I will be proven innocent, but at the same time it hasn't affected anything. It's not true. I take it as motivation. I feel like the devil is just working.”

“I'm very confident that I will be proven innocent,” he later added.

In the statement released in August, Rose’s lawyer said Rose had a “non-exclusive, consensual sexual relationship” with the woman over two years, but that the accusations are “outrageous” and the lawsuit is “a desperate attempt to shake down” Rose.

- Mike Fiammetta

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.