The game you’ve been waiting for the entire NBA season is finally here. The Warriors (40–4) and Spurs (38–6) will tip off Monday night at 10:30 p.m. ET, pitting the NBA’s two best teams against each other for the first time this season.
There will be threes. There will be passing. There will be intriguing matchups and future Hall of Famers on the floor. It’s as meaningful as a regular season game can get. And that’s only part of why you should tune in.
In case you need convincing, here are 25 reasons why Spurs–Warriors is essential viewing.
1. The 2015 champs…
…against the 2014 champs.
2. Ball movement
3. More ball movement
4. Stephen Curry
5. Stephen Curry
6. Stephen Curry
7. Stephen Curry
8. Stephen Curry…
who at some point might be guarded by this guy.
9. Kawhi Leonard.
10. He’s pretty good too
11. Then there’s the other elite two-way forward.
12. The 1996 Bulls went 72–10...
13. Both teams could still challenge that
14. LaMarcus Aldridge’s shooting
15. Klay Thompson’s shooting
16. Tim Duncan’s bench wardrobe
Unfortunately, he’s out with knee soreness.
17. Finely-aging Tony Parker
18. Finely-aging Andre Iguodala
19. Finely-aging Manu Ginobili
22. You might change your fanhood
23. In case Boban checks in
24. Refresh yourself on the last few times they played...
25. We could see this seven times in the playoffs