By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The Western and Eastern Conference Finals start this week, with the Golden State Warriors facing the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday. But for the teams already out of the playoff race, the focus has turned to the off-season.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• San Antonio Spurs assistant James Borrego met with the Memphis Grizzlies about their open coaching position, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical. Borrego is one of several candidates in the mix for the job.
• The New York Knicks had a secret meeting with former Indiana Pacers coach Frank Vogel, reports the New York Daily News. The meeting was held in Los Angeles and included Phil Jackson and Knicks general manager Steve Mills.
• The Indiana Pacers have promoted Nate McMillan to head coach. McMillan has previously served as head coach of the Seattle Supersonics and Portland Trail Blazers.
• After the Miami Heat were eliminated by the Toronto Raptors, Joe Johnson and Luol Deng were asked about their impending free agency. Deng told the Miami Herald that he didn't want to talk about it, while Johnson told the Palm Beach Post he hasn't thought about it yet.
• Heat power forward Amar’e Stoudemire told the Palm Beach Post he wasn’t happy with his playing time this season. Stoudemire averaged a career-low 14.7 minutes per game.
• Karl Anthony-Towns has won the NBA’s Rookie of the Year award, reports the Associated Press. The Minnesota Timberwolves center posted 18.1 points and 10.7 rebounds per game.
• Seton Hall’s Isaiah Whitehead announced on Twitter that he’ll make a decision on whether to stay in the NBA Draft on May 19.