NBA rumors: Latest news during the playoffs on injuries, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Oklahoma City Thunder took a 2–1 series lead in the Western Conference Finals with a dominant 133–105 win over the Golden State Warriors on Sunday night. Despite the blowout, the biggest story from the game came from Golden State’s Draymond Green, who could be suspended for kicking Oklahoma City’s Steven Adams in the groin.
In the Eastern Conference Finals, the Toronto Raptors will try to even the series against the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 4 on Monday night.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Raptors center Jonas Valanciunas practiced with the team on Sunday for the first time since injuring his ankle on May 7 against the Miami Heat, reports ESPN’s Alvaro Martin. He is listed as doubtful for Game 4.
• Cavs guard Dahntay Jones was suspended for Game 4 for punching Toronto’s Bismack Biyombo in the groin at the end of Cleveland’s loss in Game 3.
• Raptors head coach Dwane Casey was fined $25,000 for criticizing the the officials after Toronto’s Game 3 win.
• New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony wants to play at a faster pace under new head coach Jeff Hornacek, reports ESPN’s Ian Begley.
• Louisville center Chinanu Onuaku is expected to stay in the NBA draft, reports CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein. The deadline for early entrants to withdraw from the draft is Wednesday.
• Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said he’d be willing to be a vice presidential candidate for both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, reports ESPN.
• Former Denver Nuggets coach Brian Shaw will be the associate head coach with the Los Angeles Lakers under Luke Walton, reports ESPN.