By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The Oklahoma City Thunder and Golden State Warriors will face off in Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals on Tuesday night, while the Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors are tied at 2–2 after the Raptors’ win Monday. But for the rest of the NBA, the focus is on the off-season.
Check out the latest NBA rumors and news below.
• The Warriors power forward Draymond Green has avoided a suspension for his kick to the groin of Steven Adams, the NBA announced. However, the foul was upgraded to a Flagrant 2 and Green picked up a $25,000 fine.
• Washington Wizards restricted free agent guard Bradley Beal wants a max contract, he told The Washington Post. If Beal doesn’t get that type of offer from the Wizards, he might elect to leave.
• The Brooklyn Nets are holding a veteran mini-camp next week. One of the players in attendance will be former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett, ESPN’s Ian Begley reports.
• Cavaliers forward Kevin Love told ESPN he hurt his knee when stepping on a referee’s foot near the end of the third quarter Monday. Love said the injury won’t prevent him from playing in Game 5.
• The Warriors have interviewed Portland Trail Blazers assistant coach Nate Tibbetts for their top assistant position, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical. Stephen Silas of the Charlotte Hornets is also in the mix.
• Xavier forward Trevor Blueitt will return to school for his junior year, Blueitt’s father told SportsNet New York. Blueitt averaged 15 points and six rebounds last year.
• Also heading back to college is Yale’s Makai Mason, reports The Boston Globe. Mason scored 31 points against Baylor in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.