By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Golden State Warriors fought off elimination Thursday night, beating the Oklahoma City Thunder 120–111 in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals. The Cleveland Cavaliers will try to punch their ticket to the Finals on Friday night when they take on the Toronto Raptors in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Mike D’Antoni has agreed to become the head coach of the Houston Rockets, reports The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
• Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard and DeAndre Jordan highlight the three 2015–16 All-NBA teams, the league announced.
• New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis lost $24 million on his contract by not making an All-NBA team, reports the New Orleans Advocate’s Scott Kushner.
• The Orlando Magic are “unlikely” to pursue Dwight Howard in free agency this summer if he opts out of his contract with the Rockets, reports the Orlando Sentinel’s Josh Robbins.
• Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade said he doesn’t “want to be on the market at all” and plans to re-sign with the team as quickly as possible, reports the Palm Beach Post’s Dave George.
• The New York Knicks are targeting center Joakim Noah in free agency, reports Bleacher Report’s Howard Beck.
• The Washington Wizards plan to re-sign shooting guard Bradley Beal this off-season, reports CSN Mid-Atlantic’s J. Michael.
• Wizards forward Markieff Morris was detained at Philadelphia International Airport after what was suspected to be marijuana was found in his bag, reports CSNPhilly.com’s John Gonzalez.
• Kentucky point guard Tyler Ulis could drop out of the first round in the draft, reports NBADraft.net.