NBA rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The Cleveland Cavaliers blew out the Golden State Warriors 120–90 Wednesday night, putting them right back in the mix in the NBA Finals, which the Warriors lead, 2–1.As for the rest of the teams around the NBA, the focus is on the coming NBA draft and free agency.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Paul Pierce has yet to decide if he’ll return for another season, reports the Boston Globe. The 39-year-old forward has two more years on his contract with the Los Angeles Clippers, but told the Globe preparing for a season is becoming more difficult.
• The New York Knicks are high on Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Clarkson, reports Ian Begley of ESPN. However, Clarkson is a restricted free agent and Begley says it’s likely the Lakers will keep him.
• Jay King of MassLive reports Kentucky guard Jamal Murray will work out for only four teams: the Boston Celtics, Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves and New Orleans Pelicans. Those four teams hold the No. 3 through No. 6 picks in this year’s draft.
• Kurt Rambis didn’t land the New York Knicks head coaching job, but he could stay on the staff. Ian Begley of ESPN reports the Knicks are working on a new deal with Rambis.
• The Brooklyn Nets brought in guard Sebastian Telfair for a workout, according to Sheridan Hoops. Telfair hasn’t played in the NBA since the 2014–15 season.
• San Antonio Spurs center Boban Marjanovic is set to be a restricted free-agent this off-season, but David Pick reports Marjanovic will likely re-sign with the Spurs.
• The Atlanta Hawks will work out Wichita State guard Ron Baker on Friday, per Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Baker will likely be a second-round pick or undrafted free agent.