By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
Game 4 of the NBA Finals is in Cleveland on Friday night, with the Cavaliers looking to even the series at 2–2 against the Golden State Warriors. However, the rest of the 28 NBA teams are focused on free agency and the NBA draft, which is less than two weeks away.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• It’s the Summer of Oklahoma City Thunder Forward Kevin Durant, and NBA teams are lining up to convince the Thunder forward to join them. But ESPN’s Marc Stein reports that despite the presence of James Harden, Durant won’t consider joining the Houston Rockets.
• Two teams that will make a run at Durant are the San Antonio Spurs and Golden State Warriors, reports Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders. Both teams are planning “big pitches” for Durant if he grants them a meeting.
• Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders reports the San Antonio Spurs are looking to move up from the No. 29 pick in the draft. The last time the Spurs traded up, they took Kawhi Leonard.
• Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Clarkson is a restricted free agent, but told the Los Angeles Daily News he wants to stay with the Lakers.
• Atlanta Hawks guard Jeff Teague played last season with a partially torn patellar tendon in his knee, ESPN reports. Teague doesn’t need surgery.
• Brooklyn Nets forward Thomas Robinson will opt out of his contract, reports Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders. Robinson had a player option worth just over $1 million.
• Utah Jazz guard Alec Burks underwent successful knee surgery, the team announced. He’s expected to be ready for the start of training camp.
• The Denver Nuggets announced they held a workout with Marquette forward Henry Ellenson. The Nuggets hold the No. 7 and No. 15 picks in the first round this year, and Ellenson is a potential lottery selection.