By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Game 5 of the NBA Finals is Monday night, but the Golden State Warriors will be without All-Star forward Draymond Green, who received an automatic suspension after being retroactively given a flagrant foul 1 for hitting LeBron James in the groin.
The rest of the 28 NBA teams are focused on free agency and the NBA draft, which is a week and a half away.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Though suspended players are banned from the arena, the NBA will allow Draymond Green to participate in the postgame celebration if Golden State wins the championship in Game 5, reports CBS Sports’ Ken Berger.
• Warriors star Stephen Curry may need surgery on his shoulders and injured knee this off-season, reports the Los Angeles Daily News’ Mark Heisler.
• The Boston Celtics are “aggressively shopping” the No. 3 pick in the draft, reports CSN New England’s A. Sherrod Blakely.
• The Philadelphia 76ers would rather trade center Jahlil Okafor than fellow center Nerlens Noel, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Keith Pompey.
• Oklahoma governor Mary Fallin offered Kevin Durant a cabinet position if he stays with the Oklahoma City Thunder, reports the Tulsa World.
• The Brooklyn Nets are expected to acquire a first-round pick in the draft, reports Basketball Insiders’ Alex Kennedy.
• Croatian center Ante Zizic will remain in the NBA draft, reports ESPN’s Chad Ford.
• French wing Timothe Luwawu will also remain in the draft, reports Chad Ford of ESPN.