NBA rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
There will be at least one more NBA Finals game, with the Cleveland Cavaliers hosting the Golden State Warriors on Thursday in Game 6. However, the rest of the NBA is focused on free agency and the upcoming NBA draft. The draft is just over one week away, and there’s plenty of rumblings around what could happen.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Members of the Memphis Grizzlies front office are worried point guard Mike Conley could leave in free agency, reports Ian Begley of ESPN. To help convince Conley to stay, the Grizzlies will use a video pitch from part-owner Justin Timberlake.
• The Phoenix Suns will start contract discussions with 2014 first round pick Bogdan Bogdanovic, reports the Arizona Republic. This is the last year Bogdanovic would be forced to sign a contract that fits the NBA rookie scale.
• Chinese center Zhou Qi will remain in the NBA draft. However, where he will be drafted is unclear, as Chad Ford of ESPN reports NBA teams think he’s three or four years older than his listed age of 20.
• The Philadelphia 76ers are expected to take Ben Simmons No. 1 overall in the NBA draft, but Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports reports they love Providence guard Kris Dunn. Rothstein says if the 76ers make a move in the Top 5 via a trade, they could target Dunn.
• The Minnesota Timberwolves worked out several players, reports David Pick of Bleacher Report. Among the notable names are Jimmer Fredette, Marquis Teague and Aaron Craft.
• The Timberwolves also worked out Jamal Murray, reports KSTP. Minnesota has the No. 5 pick in this year’s draft, squarely in Murray’s range.
• Chicago Bulls big man Joakim Noah is looking forward to free agency. He told Sportando that he’ll consider any offer he gets.
• Cleveland Cavaliers guard Mo Williams won’t be entering free agency this summer. The Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports Williams will pick up his $2.2 million player option and stay with the Cavs.