The Cleveland Cavaliers will try to fight off elimination again on Thursday night, hosting the Golden State Warriors in Game 6 of the NBA Finals. However, the rest of the league is focused on free agency and the NBA draft, which is one week away.
Check out all the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Warriors center Andrew Bogut will be out six to eight weeks after sustaining two bone bruises to his leg during Game 5, and he will miss the rest of the Finals, reports ESPN’s Brian Windhorst.
• Cleveland Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith will decline his player option for next season and become a free agent, reports Windhorst.
• There is a growing concern within the Memphis Grizzlies organization that they will lose point guard Mike Conley in free agency this summer, reports ESPN’s Ian Begley.
• Toronto Raptors center Bismack Biyombo is expected to sign elsewhere as a free agent this off-season, reports the Toronto Star’s Doug Smith.
• Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard may skip the Olympics due to concerns about the Zika virus, reports the Manila Times.
• The Miami Heat could host the 2017 All-Star Game if the league pulls the event from Charlotte due to restrictive LGBT legislation, reports the South Florida Sun-Sentinel’s Ira Winderman.
• The Sacramento Kings unveiled four new uniforms on Wednesday.
• TNT’s Craig Sager will be a part of ESPN’s broadcast team for Game 6, reports ESPN.