NBA rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
For the first time in NBA history, a team has come from down 3–1 in the NBA Finals to win the title. The Cleveland Cavaliers, behind a triple-double from LeBron James, defeated the Golden State Warriors 93–89 to capture their first NBA championship. While the Cavs will spend a few days celebrating, the rest of the NBA is focused on Thursday’s draft.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Phoenix Suns brought in both Marquese Chriss and Dragan Bender for unannounced workouts this weekend, reports the Arizona Republic. The Suns are expected to pick one of those power forwards with the No. 4 pick.
• Cavaliers forward Richard Jefferson said he’ll retire as a champion after the Cavaliers’ championship win on Sunday night.
• Oklahoma City Thunder big man Nazr Mohammed is retiring, he told The Oklahoman. As his playing career comes to an end, he will begin working toward his goal of becoming an NBA general manager.
• The Charlotte Hornets are trying to move up in the draft by trading their No. 22 pick, reports Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune.
• The Utah Jazz have the No. 12 overall pick this year, and several teams have contacted them about a trade, reports the Deseret News.
• Although several notable players have withdrawn from the 2016 Olympics, Kevin Durant is not one of them. ESPN reports Durant still plans to play.
• Russ Smith, the former Louisville guard, had workouts with the Nuggets, Trail Blazers and Clippers, reports Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders. He put up nearly 28 points per game in the D-League this year.