NBA rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Anticipation for the start of NBA free agency on Friday is reaching its peak. Despite the numerous rumors around the league, much of the focus is on Kevin Durant, who has plans to meet with six teams beginning on July 1: the Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors and San Antonio Spurs.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Warriors and the Heat are the only two teams that could pull Durant away from Oklahoma City, reports CBS Sports’ Zach Harper.
• Durant is “unlikely” to sign with his hometown Washington Wizards, reports ESPN’s Britt McHenry.
• DeMar DeRozan and Bismack Biyombo may both accept less money in free agency in order to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors, reports USA Today’s Sam Amick.
• Chicago Bulls forward Pau Gasol will decline his $7.7 million player option on Monday to become a free agent, reports the Chicago Tribune’s K.C. Johnson.
• The Bulls are also looking to trade forward Taj Gibson, reports the Chicago Sun-Times’ Joe Cowley.
• After playing for five teams in six seasons, Jeremy Lin told the World Economic Forum that he wants to “find a home” in this year's free agency.
• Free-agent center Hassan Whiteside hopes to make his decision on the first day of free agency, reports ESPN’s Michael Wallace.