NBA rumors: Latest news, free agent signings, trade buzz
NBA free agency is in full swing, billions of dollars have been spent and there are still a lot of moving parts on the board.
The biggest question was answered last week, when Kevin Durant decided to up and leave the Thunder and sign with the Golden State Warriors.
A leap in the salary cap has caused teams to hand out record amounts of money to players. Dwyane Wade is leaving Miami for Chicago. The San Antonio Spurs have traded Boris Diaw in preparation to sign Pau Gasol. Mike Conley, the top free-agent point guard, is back with Memphis on the most lucrative contract in league history.
Check back on this page for the latest rumors from around the league. For more, also be sure to check out SI's ranking of the top 50 free agents.
Monday (all times Eastern)
Former Celtics big man Jared Sullinger signed a one-year, $6 million deal with the Raptors.
• San Antonio Spurs star Tim Duncan plans to hold an press conference to address his retirement sometime this week (Adrian Wojnarowski, The Vertical)
• Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert is unsure if he will represent France at the Olympics. (Jody Genessy, Deseret News)
• The Atlanta Hawks have agreed to a one-year minimum deal with veteran free agent Jarrett Jack. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor denied reports he was upset by rumors the Sixers were looking to trade him. (Twitter)
• Portland Trail Blazers guard C.J. McCollum has withdrawn from the USA Basketball select team, which practices with the national team before the Olympics, in order to more fully focus on the coming NBA season. (Chris Haynes, Cleveland.com)
• Former No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett and the Nets have mutual interest. (Michael Scotto, Sheridan Hoops)
• Greivis Vasquez and the Nets have agreed on a one-year deal. (Adrian Wojnarowski, The Vertical)
• The Pacers and point guard Aaron Brooks are nearing a deal. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• The Hawks and Jarrett Jack have agreed to a one-year deal at the league minimum. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• Udonis Haslem will return to the Heat for a franchise-record 14th season with the team, Miami announced. The deal was previously reported to be one year and $4 million (Ethan Skolnick, The Miami Herald).
• The Spurs rescinded their rights to Boban Marjanovic, allowing him to sign a three-year, $21 million deal with the Pistons. (Vincent Ellis, Detroit Free Press)
• Free agent Willie Reed has agreed to a two-year deal with the Heat. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• The Warriors are denying a report that they have extended a camp invite to Stephen Jackson. (CSN Bay Area)
• Miami has matched Tyler Johnson’s $50 million offer sheet with the Nets. (Adrian Wojnarowski, The Vertical)
• The Heat have traded for New Orleans guard Luke Babbitt in exchange for the Pelicans’ own 2018 second-round pick acquired in a previous deal for Jarnell Stokes. (Miami Heat)
• Stephen Jackson will be attending Warriors training camp in his attempt to make an NBA comeback. Jackson, a 15-year NBA veteran, last played for the Clippers in 2013–14. Jackson played for Golden State from 2006–10 (Rachel Nichols, ESPN).
• The Heat are planning to match Tyler Johnson’s four-year, $50 million dollar offer sheet from the Brooklyn Nets. Miami has until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday to match. (Marc Stein, ESPN)
• Wayne Ellington has agreed to a two-year, $12 million deal with the Miami Heat. (Adrian Wojnarowski, The Vertical)