By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
NBA free agency is dying down as most of the big names are off the market, but there are still a few notable players available. Most of the league’s buzz is now centered around trade rumors, specifically regarding the futures of Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook and Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Boston Celtics are still looking to make a trade despite striking out on Chicago Bulls guard Jimmy Butler and Milwaukee Bucks forward Khris Middleton, reports Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders.
• Forward Carmelo Anthony said the New York Knicks would have signed Dwyane Wade had Wade made his decision two days earlier, reports Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. Wade ended up signing with the Chicago Bulls.
• The Houston Rockets will not re-sign guard Jason Terry, reports Justin Termine of SiriusXM NBA Radio.
• FC Barcelona Guard Alex Abrines has signed a three-year, $18 million deal with the Oklahoma City Thunder, reports Royce Young of ESPN. Abrines was the No. 32 pick in the 2013 draft.
• The Minnesota Timberwolves are working on new uniforms that will likely be introduced for the 2017–18 season, reports the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
• The Bulls have signed point guard Isaiah Canaan to a two-year deal, reports the Associated Press.
• July 21 has been declared “Tim Duncan Day” in San Antonio, Texas by mayor Ivy Taylor.