By Josh Gray, Chat Sports
The NBA draft and summer league excitement has passed, and there’s a ways to go before preseason action gets underway. However, there are transactions occurring around the league that will shape the 2016–17 season, including new contracts and an overseas NBA game.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Free-agent forward David Lee has signed a two-year deal with the San Antonio Spurs, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical.
• The Indiana Pacers and Denver Nuggets will play a game in London on Jan. 12, the NBA announced.
• The Brooklyn Nets signed undrafted rookie center Egidijus Mockevicius, reports RealGM. Mockevicius, who attended the University of Evansville, averaged 5.7 points and 3.3 rebounds for the Nets during the summer league.
• Los Angeles Clippers head coach Doc Rivers told Adrian Wojnarowski on The Vertical Podcast that the Clippers were in Kevin Durant’s “top three at the very end.”
• Richard Jefferson recently re-signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers, but Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders reports that the deal is actually for three years, not two years as previously reported.
• The Washington Wizards announced they have re-signed veteran guard Marcus Thornton. Thornton averaged 8.4 points in 14 games for the Wizards last season.