NBA rumors: Latest news, trades, free agent buzz
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA off-season is in a lull ahead of the start of pre-season in two months, but the Olympics are set to take the basketball stage on Saturday.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The San Antonio Spurs are prepared to go after Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry in free agency next summer, reports Ric Bucher of Bleacher Report.
• Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook is “a long shot for any team beyond the Thunder” in 2017 free agency, reports Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
• The Toronto Raptors will pursue Orlando Magic forward Serge Ibaka in 2017 free agency, reports Doug Smith of the Toronto Star.
• Phoenix Suns shooting guard Devin Booker wants to spend his entire career with the team, reports SLAM Magazine.
• The Los Angeles Clippers have signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal with free-agent guard Alan Anderson, reports Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
• The Cleveland Cavaliers have re-signed forward James Jones to a one-year, $1.5 million deal, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical.
• Free-agent point guard Beno Udrih is considering a standing offer from the Miami Heat. He will make a decision later this month, reports Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.
• Jimmer Fredette has signed a one-year deal worth over $1 million with the Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese League, reports Ian Begley of ESPN.