By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Olympic men's basketball tournament concluded on Sunday with the United States beating Serbia, 96–66, to win their third straight gold medal. Spain won the bronze medal with an 89–88 win over Australia.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Philadelphia 76ers head coach Brett Brown told ESPN's Zach Lowe that center Joel Embiid will play this preseason. Embiid, the No. 3 pick in the 2014 draft, has yet to make his NBA debut due to foot and back injuries.
• Washington Wizards point guard John Wall is uncertain if he will be ready to play in the season opener after having off-season procedures on both knees, reports Ben Standig of CSN Mid-Atlantic.
• Chicago Bulls forward Nikola Mirotic sustained a knee injury in Spain's win over Australia and will undergo some tests to determine how serious it is, reports John Schuhmann of NBA.com.
• New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony announced his retirement from international basketball after the gold-medal game. He became the first men's basketball player ever to win three career gold medals.
• Free-agent guard Jason Terry is expected to finalize a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks on Monday, reports Charles Gardner of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
• Free-agent guard Nate Wolters has signed a deal with the Denver Nuggets, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical.
• The Los Angeles Lakers have signed undrafted rookie big man Zach Auguste, reports Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders.