NBA rumors: Latest preseason news on injuries, contracts, more
The NBA preseason wraps up on Friday, and teams are finalizing their rosters ahead of the Oct. 24 deadline. There are also several trade rumors ahead of the start of the regular season on Oct. 25
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Sacramento Kings are "the most determined team" in trade talks with the Minnesota Timberwolves about acquiring point guard Ricky Rubio, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical. However, Minnesota is reluctant to trade him until first-round pick Kris Dunn proves he can be the team's starting point guard.
• The Philadelphia 76ers and New Orleans Pelicans have expressed interest in trading for Timberwolves backup point guard Tyus Jones, reports Wojnarowski.
• Kings head coach Dave Joerger shot down rumors of forward Rudy Gay being traded to the Miami Heat, reports Joe Davidson of the Sacramento Bee.
• Gay was nearly traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder, but the deal was derailed when OKC backup point guard Cameron Payne broke his foot in September, reports Wojnarowski.
• Boston Celtics point guard Marcus Smart is expected to miss the team's season opener with a sprained ankle, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England.
• The Milwaukee Bucks announced they have exercised the fourth-year option on forward Jabari Parker's contract.
• Former No. 2 overall pick Hasheem Thabeet is trying to resurrect his NBA career and has worked out for the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks and Washington Wizards, reports Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders.