is likely to remain with the Hornets. (Evan Gole/Getty Images)
By Ben Golliver
Here is the latest buzz around the NBA early Thursday as the 3 p.m. ET trade deadline:
• Wednesday's trade deadline buzz can be found here.
• A six-player deal that sent rookie Thomas Robinson from the Kings to the Rockets has gone official.
• Jimmy Smith, Times-Picayune: As rumors swirled all day Wednesday regarding possible trade destinations for New Orleans Hornets guard Eric Gordon, it seemed unlikely he would be moved by Thursday's trading deadline because of the size of his contract and his continued absence from the court in the second of back-to-back games. ... One league source Wednesday night said of Gordon, "nobody wants him."
• Alex Kennedy, HOOPSWORLD: Indiana Pacers general manager Kevin Pritchard is shooting down the rumor that Danny Granger may be moved. In response to a rival executive saying that Granger could be had for the right offer, Pritchard tweeted, “That executive would be wrong!!!”
• Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports: Orlando is still discussing deals for guard J.J. Redick, but league sources don't rule out the Magic holding onto him for rest of season.
• Marc Stein, ESPN.com: Add one more team to list of those showing interest in J. J. Redick: San Antonio. Magic, from start, have wanted no less than a first for him.
• David Pingalore, ClickOrlando.com: David Pingalore has learned through mulitple NBA sources that the Magic have no plans of trading J.J. Redick by Thursday's 3 p.m. trade deadline. ... Pingalore was told by sources the DeVos family is adamant to keep Redick in a Magic uniform and potentially sign him to a long term deal this summer. Redick is in the last year of his deal and is considered the best asset the Magic have.
• Tim Kawakami, San Jose Mercury News: Warriors source reiterated tonight that they're not close to anything and there's nothing big expected for tomorrow's noon deadline.
• Ken Berger, CBSSports.com: In Minnesota, J.J. Barea is indeed available, as are Luke Ridnour and Derrick Williams. ... The Mavs have made Rodrigue Beaubois and Dominique Jones available for draft picks. ... The Mavs also would move Brandan Wright for a pick, but won't do anything to compromise cap room.
• Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports: Charlotte discussed Gerald Henderson for Timofey Mozgov (Denver) and J.J. Hickson (Portland) but talks gained no traction.
• Brian Windhorst, ESPN.com: Suns have to make roster move to make room for Morris deal. Teams have been expecting a Jermaine O'Neal buyout/release if not traded.
• Marc Stein, ESPN.com: Knicks will be at front of line to try to sign Jermaine O'Neal if Phoenix consents to buy JO out to make room for Marcus Morris.
• Ken Berger, CBSSports.com: Josh Smith
is not opposed to Milwaukee -- the city or the weather -- and likes the Bucks
' roster enough to re-sign there if traded, a league source told CBSSports.com Wednesday. ... Milwaukee's chances of landing the 6-foot-9 forward were viewed in some league circles as diminished by the team's small-market and cold-weather status. Smith, however, is more interested in the talent he'll be playing with than geography.