Top 50 free agents of 2013
50. Louis Vasquez, G, San Diego
49. Greg Toler, CB, Arizona
48. Phil Loadholt, T, Minnesota
47. Desmond Bryant, DT, Oakland
46. Brandon Gibson, WR, St. Louis
45. Anthony Fasano, TE, Miami
44. Tony Gonzalez, TE, Atlanta
43. Ed Reed, S, Baltimore
He's declining rapidly, but he can give a Super Bowl contender one strong season in 2013.
42. James Casey, TE/FB, Houston
41. Israel Idonije, DE, Chicago
40. Victor Butler, OLB, Dallas
Taking a flyer on a little-used edge guy? Cleveland can afford it. Could pay off big.
39. Jared Cook, TE, Tennessee
38. Daryl Smith, OLB, Jacksonville
Gus Bradley loves guys like Smith. Question is, does he think Smith can play 16 games?
37. Terrance Knighton, DT, Jacksonville
36. Sam Baker, T, Atlanta
35. Robert Geathers, DE, Cincinnati
34. Danny Amendola, WR, St. Louis
32. Chris Clemons, S, Miami
30. Connor Barwin, OLB, Houston
29. John Abraham, DE, Atlanta
A 35-year-old pass rusher doesn't fit Giants' profile, but just turn on the tape.
28. Sean Smith, CB, Miami
27. Phil Dawson, K, Cleveland
Replacing one 38-year-old kicker (David Akers) with another? Phil's still good from 50-plus.
26. Gosder Cherilus, T, Detroit
25. Reggie Bush, RB, Miami
24. Glover Quin, S, Houston
23. Brent Grimes, CB, Atlanta
The Vikings need a replacement for Antoine Winfield. Grimes gets hurt too much, but he's a good risk.
22. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Philadelphia
21. Shane Lechler, P, Oakland
I keep hearing he had a bad season last year. I'll take a 47.2-yard-average bad year anytime.
I think the Pats will be in on a rusher, and if they fail to get Freeney (see below), Osi could be the guy.
19. Jermon Bushrod, T, New Orleans
18. Dashon Goldson, S, San Francisco
17. William Moore, S, Atlanta
16. Chris Gamble, CB, Panthers
15. Steven Jackson, RB, St. Louis
14. Sebastian Vollmer, T, New England
The Bears have money, and they've got to overpay to buck up a horrible line.
13. Michael Bennett, DE, Tampa Bay
12. Dannell Ellerbe, ILB, Baltimore
11. Dwight Freeney, DE, Indianapolis
I have a feeling the Patriots will be in on him too. He still has a 12-sack season in him.
10. Wes Welker, WR, New England
9. Greg Jennings, WR, Green Bay
8. Keenan Lewis, CB, Pittsburgh
7. Jake Long, T, Miami
6. Andre Smith, T, Cincinnati
But I'd be worried about a guy with a former major weight problem.
5. Mike Wallace, WR, Pittsburgh
4. Andy Levitre, G, Buffalo
3. Aqib Talib, CB, New England
2. Paul Kruger, DE/OLB, Baltimore
1. Cliff Avril, DE, Detroit