Source: Police have video of alleged assault involving Ray Rice
Police investigating Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice for allegedly knocking his fiancée unconscious at an Atlantic City casino have video evidence of the blow, according to a person with knowledge of the investigation.
Another video, released by TMZ this week, shows Rice, 27, dragging his unconscious partner from an elevator within the Revel Casino in Atlantic City last weekend. Rice's identity was authenticated by his attorney, who says the video was incomplete.
Police said Rice and fiancee Janay Palmer hit each other, and both were charged with simple assault -- domestic violence upon being arrested Saturday. The Ravens told USA TODAY Sports the pair "returned home together after being detained."
He would be a first-time violator with respect to the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy, which in the last decade has carried increasingly harsher punishments for public malfeasance under commissioner Roger Goodell, though not typically for players with previously clean sheets.
Rice's five-year, $35 million deal signed in July 2012 includes $22 million in guaranteed cash, and if the Ravens chose to cut the former Pro Bowler, they would lose over $14 million against the 2014 salary cap by doing so prior to July 1. The two-time All-Pro Rutgers product played in 15 games last season but rushed for just 660 yards while struggling with injuries.