Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Thursday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EST:
- ARLINGTON, Texas - Cam Newton and the 10-0 Panthers visit the Cowboys and Tony Romo, who hasn't lost any of his three starts this season. One star quarterback will fall for the first time in Carolina's Thanksgiving debut. Game starts 4:30 p.m.
- GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Packers look to even the all-time series with the division rival Chicago Bears on a night that will also feature the return of former Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre. Game starts 8:30 p.m.
- DETROIT - The Detroit Lions are aiming for a third straight win against the Philadelphia Eagles, who have dropped consecutive games. Game starts 12:30 p.m.
- LINCOLN, Neb. - This dream season is starting to get real for Iowa. Now No. 4 in the College Football Playoff rankings, the Hawkeyes put their 11-0 record on the line at Nebraska on Friday.
- FORT WORTH, Texas - No. 7 Baylor and No. 15 TCU are both banged up going into their much-anticipated matchup. While not the de facto Big 12 championship game all hoped for, the Bears still have a chance for another Big 12 title.
- AUSTIN, Texas - Still clinging to bowl hopes and desperately trying to avoid a second consecutive losing season, Texas (4-6, 3-4 Big 12) hosts Texas Tech (6-5, 3-5). Game starts 7:30 p.m.
- PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - No. 10 Gonzaga (3-0) takes on No. 25 Texas A&M (5-0) in the semifinals of the Battle 4 Atlantis. Game starts 1 p.m.
- MONACO - Russia vows to work ''very actively'' with track and field's governing body to eradicate the doping culture that led to its blanket ban from international competition, possibly including next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.