Tuesday July 8th, 2014

Former Dallas Cowboys star running back Tony Dorsett said that while the revised settlement in the NFL's concussion case was the right decision, the agreement "doesn't make up for anything," reports The Dallas Morning News

Dorsett is one of 4,500 ex-players who are a part of the class-action lawsuit against the NFL for concussion-related brain injuries. He said he is glad the league agreed to remove a $675 million cap on potential damage payment that was in the original tentative settlement, but said it was more about how "we finally got the owners to do the right thing."

The 60-year-old Hall of Famer was diagnosed with having signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) last year. CTE is a degenerative condition that has been linked to depression and dementia.

“Obviously, a lot of players, myself included, as the days go by, a little bit of us is going away,” Dorsett said. “My brain is priceless. There isn’t enough money that they can give me to make me want to look the other way."

MORE NFL: Judge OK's preliminary NFL settlement offer

Dorsett said that if given the chance for a do-over with his career he would still play, but he would be a lot more careful when it comes to head injuries. 

Molly Geary

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.