Tuesday March 31st, 2015

Panthers offensive tackle Jonathan Martin said his experience being bullied when he was with the Dolphins “is a situation for the past,” ESPN’s David Newton reports.

Martin, 25, accused teammate Richie Incognito of bullying during the 2013 season and played in just seven games that year. The NFL-commissioned Ted Wells investigation found that Incognito faced a pattern of harassment from his Miami teammates. 

Martin was traded to the San Francisco 49ers last year and played in 15 games during the 2014 season. 

After being released by the 49ers, Martin was claimed off waivers last week by the Panthers. He said he was not caught up in the bullying case.

• Latest buzz around free agency, trades, draft

“That is a situation for the past,” Martin said during a conference call with reporters. “I don’t think about it. I try not to catch the headlines, positive or negative. I’m focused on what I can do for my career moving forward.”

Incognito was suspended without pay for the final eight games of the 2013 season.

In February, the Bills signed Incognito to a one-year, $2.3 million contract. Incognito did not play during the 2014 season after going unsigned in free agency.

Browns GM Ray Farmer suspended four games for in-game texts

- Paul Palladino

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.