Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson says that he plans on attending organized team activities on Tuesday “with no love lost at all” between him and the team, according to the Associated Press.
Peterson said last week that he did not want to be traded after he didn’t attend the week’s OTAs.
"I'm returning because I want to. I'm a part of this football team and I owe it to the guys I play with and to our coaches," Peterson told ESPN. "I was planning on coming in this week, and I'm looking forward to getting back on the field. It's what I love to do."
Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer has repeatedly said that Peterson will not play for another team this season.
“He’s really got two choices: He can either play for us or he can not play,” Zimmer said last month. “He’s not going to play for anyone else and that’s just the way it’s going to be.”
Peterson, 30, remains under contract with the Vikings for the next three seasons. Peterson, a six-time Pro Bowler and 2012 NFL MVP, is scheduled to make $12.75 million in 2015, plus a $250,000 workout bonus, but counts $15.4 million against Minnesota's salary cap for next season.
Peterson missed 15 games last year after being indicted on child injury charges for hitting his 4-year-old son with a switch.
He was placed on the commissioner’s exempt list in September and was suspended without pay for the remainder of the 2014 season in November after he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor reckless assault.
Peterson was reinstated from the commissioner's exempt list on April 16, allowing him to participate in the team’s offseason program.
- Scooby Axson