Now that NFL training camps are finally under way, attention starts turning away from free agency and toward how existing rosters will get ready for the 2015 season.
Of course, there are still moves to be made. Teams expected to contend once again will see if their strengths have carried over from last year; those seeking turn around efforts will get another opportunity to see what improvements are possible. And unfortunate injuries are always impossible to predict, forcing teams to scramble ahead of the regular season.
So, what’s the latest on these teams and players? Check back often as we update below with the latest scoops on transactions, news and rumors.
• Bears receiver Kevin White (shin) is pushing to get on the field, however Chicago is being cautious with him, reports ESPN.com's Ed Werder. Werder adds that there is no timetable for White's return.
• The Lions continue to have long-term contract talks with linebacker DeAndre Levy, reports the Detroit Free-Press.
• Veteran cornerback Chris Houston is retiring after eight years in the league, the Panthers announced.
• Miami Dolphins rookie wide receiver DeVante Parker is still 3-4 weeks away from being able to practice, reports Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald. Parker, who was the No. 14 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft, had foot surgery in June.
• Terrelle Pryor injured his hamstring during training camp practice. Pryor is trying to make the Cleveland Browns's roster as a converted wide receiver.
• Former Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Ace Sanders was suspended for the first 10 games of the 2015 season after failing a drug test, reports ESPN.com. Sanders was also suspended for the first four games of the 2014 season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.
• The New England Patriots agreed to alter the contract of All-Pro tight end Rob Gronkowski, according to ESPN.com's Field Yates. Gronkowski has a $10 million option bonus that was due at the end of the season and will now be paid $4 million during training camp and $6 million during the regular season.