The Deflategate saga has finally been put to rest, at least for now, and it's now time to start focusing on kickoff again. With the final week of the NFL preseason here, rosters have been tightened and teams are working to reduce their active list to 53 players by Saturday at 4 p.m.
The deadline will invite an increased volume of trades and the release of aging veterans. As teams make final cuts and set their starting lineups, expect plenty of new developments to surface. Check back often as we update below with the latest scoops on transactions, injury news and rumors.
• Tim Tebow threw for two touchdowns and one interception in his final opportunity to make Philadelphia's roster, as the Eagles fell to the New York Jets 24-18 on Thursday night. Tebow is competing with Matt Barkley for the No. 3 quarterback job.
• Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy is considering challenging his four-game suspension from the NFL in court following Thursday’s ruling nullifying Brady's Deflategate punishment, reports ESPN’s Ed Werder.
• The New York Giants have released punter Steve Weatherford, according to NFL Network's Rand Getlin.
• The Pittsburgh Steelers are no longer interested in signing recently released nose tackle Phil Taylor because they think he needs knee surgery, according to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
• After Carolina Panthers wideout Kelvin Benjamin went down with a torn ACL, Corey Brown was expected to be his replacement. However, Brown now finds himself on the roster bubble, according to Jonathan Jones of The Charlotte Observer. Brown has dropped a pair of touchdown passes over the past two preseason games.