Week 4 of the NFL season ended in thrilling fashion. Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor forced a Calvin Johnson fumble through the end zone in the waning minutes of the fourth quarter to help Seattle eke out a 13–10 win over the Lions on Monday Night Football. With the win, Seattle moves to 2–2, while Detroit (0–4) remains the only winless team in the league.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Miami Dolphins fired head coach Joe Philbin after a 1–3 start to the season, and replaced him with tight ends coach Dan Campbell. Former coach Bill Parcells believes Campbell’s 11-year NFL playing career will serve him well at Miami’s helm.
• Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has a partial separation in his throwing shoulder, according to multiple reports. Luck missed his first game in more than three NFL seasons on Sunday. Head coach Chuck Pagano expects him to play Thursday against the Houston Texans.
• DraftKings and FanDuel insiders are facing accusations of using insider information to score large paydays from rival sites, according to a New York Times report.
• The NFL is investigating the Cleveland Browns’ late deactivation of cornerback Joe Haden before Sunday’s loss to the San Diego Chargers. Haden was listed as “probable” on the team’s final injury report, but sat out with a broken right ring finger. He sustained the injury in Week 3.
• Lions tight end Eric Ebron left Monday’s game against the Seahawks with a knee injury. He did not return.
• On the other side of the MNF matchup, Seahawks running back Fred Jackson looked to be injured badly when a Lions player rolled into his ankle, forcing him to leave the game in the third quarter. However, initial X-rays of the injury came back negative on Monday night.
- Justin Lee