The Denver Broncos were dealt yet another blow on defense Sunday when linebacker Shane Ray went down with a right knee injury in the second quarter of their game against the Browns. He would not return.
NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport reports Ray has a sprained MCL and will miss four to six weeks.
Ray became the second injured member of Denver’s front-seven, joining DeMarcus Ware. He was helped off the field by a pair of trainers, and carted off to the locker room.
That wasn’t all for notable injuries in Week 6. Here are some others:
• Bills wideout Sammy Watkins sustained a sprained ankle during the first half of their game against the Bengals and was ruled out for the remainder of the game. The injury left the second-year player on crutches.
• Packers wide receiver Ty Montgomery was carted to the locker room with an apparent ankle injury in the first half against the Chargers. The team later announced he would not return to the game.
• Chiefs receiver Jeremy Maclin exited in the fourth quarter of Kansas City’s loss to the Vikings with a concussion.
• Chargers receiver Keenan Allen was forced to the sidelines with a hip injury.
• Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mike Vick left the team’s meeting with the Cardinals twice; once due to dirt in his eye after a knee to the head, and a second time due to a hamstring issue. He did not return and was replaced by Landry Jones.
• Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders left with an apparent shoulder injury after trying for a game-winning touchdown at the end of regulation and did not return.
• Patriots tackle Marcus Cannon injured his toe and did not return to the game. Defensive end Jabaal Sheard suffered an ankle injury. Special teams ace Matthew Slater injured his leg in the fourth quarter and did not return to the game.
• Texans safety Lonnie Ballentine was carted off the field with his left leg in an air cast.
• Jets cornerback Buster Skrine left in the second half with a head injury and did not return. He was replaced by reserve defensive back Dexter McDougle. Tailback Bilal Powell was also knocked out of the game with an ankle injury.
• Lions running back Zach Zenner was ruled out with a chest injury against the Bears. Coach Jim Caldwell said Monday that Zenner has multiple cracker ribs and a partially collapsed lung. He will be placed on injured reserve.
• Detroit also lost defensive end Jason Jones to a neck injury.
• Bills offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson did not return after a head injury against the Bengals. Wideout Marquise Goodwin sustained a rib injury and also did not return.
• Redskins backup running back Chris Thompson sustained an injury to his lower back but returned to the game.
• Browns tight end Rob Housler did not return after sustaining a hamstring injury against the Broncos.
• Chiefs defensive end Mike DeVito did not return against the Vikings after sustaining a concussion.
• Colts safety Mike Adams sustained a hamstring injury and did not return.
This post will be updated.
- Kenny Ducey