The Houston Texans were dealt a huge blow when running back Arian Foster left Sunday’s game against the Dolphins with a non-contact injury and had to be carted off to the locker room.
Foster sustained a torn Achilles and will be lost for the remainder of the season.
Elsewhere, the Washington Redskins received more bad injury news in defense, losing linebacker Ryan Kerrigan for the remainder of the game due to a hand injury. Head coach Jay Gruden told reporters after the game that Kerrigan fractured his hand and would see a specialist on Monday.
That wasn’t all for notable injuries in Week 7. Here are some others:
• Three Jets were injured against the Patriots and did not return to the game; center Nick Mangold (neck), defensive end Sheldon Richardson (left arm) and safety Calvin Pryor (ankle) all went down. Cornerback Buster Skrine left with a shoulder injury, but later re-entered the game.
• Cowboys running back Joseph Randle left with a back strain early in the first quarter against the Giants and is doubtful to return.
• Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford sustained a left hand injury against the Vikings and will be sent for X-rays.
• Colts wideout Phillip Dorsett fractured his ankle against the Saints and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
• Browns quarterback Josh McCown left in the fourth quarter with a shoulder injury and was ruled out for the rest of the game. Johnny Manziel replaced him.
• Buccaneers wide receivers Louis Murphy and Vincent Jackson were knocked out of Tampa Bay’s game against the Redskins with knee injuries. The team only had four active wideouts entering Sunday.
• Giants defensive end Robert Ayers left Sunday’s game against the Cowboys to be evaluated for a concussion.
• Chargers left guard Orlando Franklin was carted off against the Raiders with an apparent leg injury.
• Steelers defensive back William Gay left with a shoulder injury and did not return.
• Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins left against the Rams to be evaluated for a concussion.
• The Titans were hit with two injuries; center Andy Gallik left with a stinger, and tight end Phillip Supernaw sustained a chest injury.
This post will be updated.
- Kenny Ducey