By Justin Lee, Chat Sports
Week 8 of the NFL season is almost complete with the Carolina Panthers (6–0) set to take on the Indianapolis Colts (3–4) on Monday night. Sunday’s games were capped off by a dominating performance by the Denver Broncos' defense in their 29-10 home victory over the Green Bay Packers. The win moved Denver to a perfect 7-0 and handed Green Bay its first loss of the season.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell reportedly sustained a torn MCL in a loss the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. The injury will likely cost him the rest of the 2015 season, reported Alex Kozora of Steelers Depot. Adam Schefter of ESPN and the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport later reiterated the diagnosis. Schefter reported that Rams running back Isaiah Pead will now try out for Pittsburgh.
• Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith will miss the remainder of the season with a torn Achilles, head coach John Harbaugh announced on Sunday. Smith sustained the injury with time winding down in the third quarter of the Ravens’ win over the San Diego Chargers.
• New York Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick tore ligaments in his left thumb in a loss to the Oakland Raiders on Sunday, said head coach Todd Bowles. Backup Geno Smith suffered shoulder and abdomen issues while filling in for Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick is set to have an MRI, while Smith was seen with the team's medical staff on his way for an X-Ray after the game.
• Following the injuries the Jets are reportedly surveying trade and free agent options at quarterback, reports NBC Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio. After some speculation, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that the Jets are not interested in signing Ryan Mallett.
• San Francisco 49ers running back Reggie Bush is believed to have torn his ACL on Sunday after slipping on the concrete which surrounds the area that separates the field and stands at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, according to reports by Mike Garofolo of FOX Sports and Ian Rapoport. The injury occurred as Bush ran off the field following a punt return in San Francisco's 27-6 loss to the Rams.
• Seattle Seahawks WR Ricardo Lockette was carted off the field during Sunday’s victory over the Dallas Cowboys with a concussion, the team announced. Lockette left the game after taking a huge hit by Dallas’ Jeff Heath on a punt return.