NFL rumors: Latest news from Week 10 on injuries and more
By Justin Lee, Chat Sports
Week 10 kicked off on Thursday with a crucial AFC East clash between the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets. Rex Ryan’s defense shined in his return to MetLife Stadium, as his Bills defeated the Jets, 22–17. The defense had two interceptions, recovered a fumble and put together a crucial stand inside the Bills’ own 10-yard line with time winding down to secure the win.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors.
• Jets running back Zac Stacy was carted off the field in the first half of the loss to the Bills on Thursday with a left ankle fracture, according to Pro Football Talk. Stacy will be out for the season.
• Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was out of his walking boot and practicing on Thursday, but his status for Sunday’s game against the Cleveland Browns remains uncertain, reports Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Roethlisberger sustained a left foot sprain last week against the Oakland Raiders.
• The NFL fined St. Louis Rams cornerback Lamarcus Joyner $23,152 for a hit on Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater during last Sunday’s game, reports Schefter. Bridgewater sustained a concussion on the play.
• Tennessee Titans associate head coach Dick LeBeau remains uncertain about his 2016 status with the team, especially with the lack of clarity surrounding interim head coach Mike Mularkey and the franchise’s plans going forward.
• Detroit Lions interim general manager Sheldon White told reporters that the Lions “have to win” now for him to remain on as the team’s permanent replacement for his former boss, Martin Mayhew, reports Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.