Woman files civil lawsuit against Junior Galette for second time
Galette was accused of assaulting the woman last winter at his home when he was arrested for simple battery/domestic violence. After police investigated the incident, charges were not pursued.
In the original lawsuit, which was dismissed earlier this year, the woman claimed to have been drugged and sexually assaulted. Now, according to The New Orleans Advocate she has re-opened her allegations, claiming that she was “forcibly thrown” from Galette’s house following an argument.
From The Advocate:
The woman claims she was ordered to move out of Galette’s home — where she says she had been living for two years — on Jan. 4 after the two argued “over certain text messages” he found on her cellphone. The woman says she was packing her belongings the next day when Galette threw her to the floor and then kicked, scratched and punched her, even ripping an earring out of her right ear. The woman — who seeks damages for pain and suffering, among other things — claims Galette, with the help of a friend, Terrance Banks, took her phone to prevent her from calling the police.
Both men were arrested, but it was announced in February that charges would not be pressed. Galette has repeatedly denied the allegations.
The NFL suspended Galette two games for the incident in November, which he served while on injured reserve with a torn Achilles.
Galette went undrafted in 2010 and signed with the New Orleans Saints, where he spent five seasons. He received a four-year extension in Sept. 2014, but was released in July 2015. He was picked up by the Redskins over the summer on a minimum contract, but sustained the aforementioned Achilles injury in August, which ended his season.
- Kenny Ducey