Brandon Marshall compares Peyton Manning to Kobe Bryant
New York Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall took to “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” to share his praises of his quarterback Peyton Manning and drew comparisons the decline to Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant.
“It kind of reminds me of watching Kobe Bryant, right?” Marshall said. “These last couple of years you've seen the guy really hit a wall. These are legends, living legends, and all of a sudden, they can't do it anymore physically.”
Marshall and Manning did not overlap in Denver, where Marshall played from 2006 to 2009 before Manning would arrive for the 2012 season.
"I am a fan of the redemption story, so hopefully he goes out there and wins and makes it to a Super Bowl," Marshall added.
When it came to a head-to-head comparison between Manning and Brady, Marshall took factors off the football field into account.
“He's handsome, he has a supermodel wife, his wife makes more money than him, his hair's awesome,” Marshall said. “Brady!”
Manning and Kobe Bryant at a glance
• Manning has won one championship in his career with a victory at Super Bowl XLI, where he was named Super Bowl MVP. Bryant has won five NBA Championships with the Lakers.
• Manning has been named to 14 Pro Bowl teams. Bryant is a 17-time NBA All-Star.
• Manning has been named the Associated Press' NFL MVP five times. Bryant is the 2008 NBA MVP.
• Manning was named the 2013 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year. Bryant has never won the honor.
• Manning is a three-time NFL passing yards leader. Bryant has led the NBA in scoring twice.
- Christopher Chavez