NFL rumors: Latest news from the Super Bowl and more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
We’re still sorting out the aftermath from the Denver Broncos’ Super Bowl 50 victory over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, with an abundance of news emerging around the league.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy is expected to be charged with aggravated assault for his role in a bar fight with two off-duty police officers, reports WPVI-TV in Philadelphia.
• Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay said quarterback Andrew Luck’s next contract will have a “$20 million starting point per year,” reports Colts.com’s Kevin Brown.
• Former New York Jets quarterback and current SEC Network analyst Greg McElroy said Panthers quarterback Cam Newton “quit on his team” in the Super Bowl.
• Hall of Fame wide receiver Lynn Swann told The Detroit News that he doesn’t think former Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson will make the Hall of Fame.
• Cleveland Browns defensive lineman Armonty Bryant was indicted on two felony drug possession charges, reports ESPN’s Pat McManamon.
• Hall of Famer Bill Polian told SiriusXM NFL Radio that he expects Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning to become a general manager after he retires.
• New York Giants linebacker Jon Beason announced his retirement after nine seasons in the league.