By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
We’re still sorting out the aftermath from the Denver Broncos’ Super Bowl 50 victory over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, with an abundance of news emerging around the league.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The arrest warrant for Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy won’t be issued until next week, reports CSNPhilly’s John Gonzalez. McCoy will likely be charged with aggravated assault for his role in a bar fight with two off-duty police officers.
• The Oakland Raiders announced they have signed a one-year lease extension at O.co Coliseum to stay in Oakland.
• Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict’s three-game suspension was upheld by the NFL, reports ESPN’s Dan Graziano.
• Houston Texans owner Bob McNair said the team plans to select a quarterback in the NFL draft, reports the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson.
• Free-agent quarterback Matthew Hasselbeck told ESPN 710 in Seattle that he isn’t planning to retire. Hasselbeck will turn 41 in September and has spent the last three years as Andrew Luck’s backup for the Indianapolis Colts.
• New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft took a shot at the Manning brothers, saying their father Archie “has two sons who have won two Super Bowls, but with all due respect, we have one son who has won four,” reports ESPN’s Mike Weiss.
• The Raiders have re-signed safety Nate Allen just two days after cutting him, reports ESPN’s Paul Gutierrez.