NFL signings tracker: Notable player contracts during free agency
The new NFL league year began on Wednesday, and teams are preparing to turn the page to the 2016 season by extending contracts, making trades and releasing players.
The legal tampering period—when teams are permitted to discuss deals with players under contract with other teams—began Monday, and free agency started for un-signed players on Wednesday.
Keep track of the most recent releases in SI’s roster cuts tracker, and check out the latest notable signings below.
• The Cardinals have re-signed tight end Jermaine Gresham to a one-year deal, the team announced on Monday.
• Center Alex Mack will sign a five-year deal with the Falcons, Rapoport reports.
Ex-Cle center Alex Mack will average @$9.5m in Atlanta deal. Could have made 500k more on ave in Cleve. Atl OC KShanahan a factor for Mack.— Peter King (@SI_PeterKing) March 9, 2016
• The Falcons agreed to terms with former Bengals wide receiver Mohammad Sanu on a five-year deal, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
• The Falcons are bringing back quarterback Matt Schaub, the team announced. He will be reunited with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan.
• Atlanta has landed former Dolphins defensive end Derrick Shelby to a four-year deal.
• The Falcons will be holding onto Adrian Clayborn on a two-year deal, according to Rapoport. He will receive $9 million base with the chance to make $14 million.
• Ravens cornerback Shareece Wright signed a three-year deal worth up to $16 million with a $4 million signing bonus and $5 million guaranteed, according to Rapoport.
• Pro-Bowl long snapper Morgan Cox inked a five-year contract extension to remain in Baltimore, the team announced.
• The Ravens will sign tight end Ben Watson to a two-year, $8 million contract, reports Rapoport.
• Guard Richie Incognito has re-signed with the Buffalo Bills, the team announced. Tyler Dunne of The Buffalo News reports the deal is worth more than $15.75 million over three years. The San Francisco 49ers were also interested in him.
• The Panthers re-signed wide receiver Stephen Hill, the team announced on Monday.
• Carolina has also agreed to a two-year deal with Joe Webb, according to his agency.
• The team has agreed to terms with running back Mike Tolbert on a two-year deal worth a maximum of $4 million, according to Rapoport.
• Wide receiver Alshon Jeffrey has officially signed his franchise tag tender, the team announced. The Bears and Jeffrey have until July 15 to negotiate a long term deal.
• The Bears are signing former Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan, according to Schefter.
• Linebacker Danny Trevathan has agreed to a four year deal, the team announced.
• The Bears are signing former Cardinals right tackle Bobby Massie, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune.
• Cornerback Tracy Porter has re-signed to a three-year deal worth $16.5 million, according to Rapoport.
• Defensive tackle Akiem Hicks has agreed to a two-year deal, according to Rapoport.
• Safety George Iloka has agreed to a five-year, $30 million deal with the Bengals, according to Rapoport.
• Adam Jones is expected to return to Cincinatti on a three-year deal, according to Schefter.
• Linebacker Vincent Rey will re-sign with the Bengals, according to Rapoport.
• The Bengals have reportedly signed linebacker Vincent Rey to a three-year deal worth $11.5 million, according to Rapoport.
• The Browns have re-signed potential unrestricted free agent Tank Carder, reports Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com.
• The team also signed defensive lineman Jamie Meder and running back Raheem Mostert as exclusive rights free agents.
• Rolando McClain will sign a one-year, $4 million deal with a $1 million incentive if he plays 75 percent of the team’s defensive snaps, according to Drew Davison of the Star-Telegram.
• Former Eagles defensive lineman Cedric Thornton will sign with the Cowboys, according to Rapoport.
• The Lions have brought back defensive tackle Haloti Ngata on a two-year contract worth $12 million with $6.25 due in the first year, according to Rapoport.
• Detroit has re-signed tight end Tim Wright, the team announced on Monday.
Green Bay Packers
• The Packers signed guard Lane Taylor to a two-year deal worth $4.15 million and will receive $600,000 guaranteed, according to Rapoport.
• Charles James, who was a fixture on HBO’s ”Hard Knocks” Texans season, has signed a contract extension with Houston. He was a second-year exclusive rights free agent.
• The Texans signed offensive lineman Jeff Allen to a four-year deal worth $28 million that pays him $14 million for the first year, according to Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports.
• The Texans have signed former Raiders center Tony Bergstrom, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.
• The team also added free agent long snapper Forrest Hill, who played in 38 career games at Auburn.
• Ryan Davis signed his one-year tender offer from the Jaguars to remain with the team, the team announced.
• Defensive lineman Abry Jones has also signed a one-year tender to stay with the Jaguars, the team announced.
• The Jaguars signed defensive lineman Malik Jackson to a six-year deal worth $90 million with $42 million guaranteed, the team announced. He will earn $45 million in the first three years of the deal, with $31.5 million guaranteed.
• Chris Ivory signed a deal with the Jaguars worth more than $6 million annually, according to multiple reports.
• Punter Brad Nortman will sign a four-year deal with the Jaguars, according to Rich Eisen of NFL Network.
• The Jaguars have signed safety Tashaun Gipson, according to Rapoport.
• The team announced Marcedes Lewis will remain with the team until he retires. In 10 seasons, Lewis has caught 331 passes for 4,015 yards and 27 touchdowns for Jacksonville.
• The Jaguars announced that they have released running back Toby Gerhart.
Kansas City Chiefs
• The Kansas City Chiefs and linebacker Tamba Hali have reached an agreement on a three-year deal, according to Schefter. He has played for Kansas City since 2006 and will most likely retire with the team after this new contract.
• The Chiefs are finalizing a five-year deal with offensive tackle Mitchell Schwartz, according to Schefter. Rapoport reports the deal is for five years.
• The Chiefs inked a two-year deal worth $12 million with defensive end Jaye Howard.
• The Chiefs have re-signed linebacker Derrick Johnson. The terms of the deal have not yet been released.
Los Angeles Rams
• The Rams signed defensive end William Hayes to a three-year deal with a maximum value of $21 million, according to Rapoport.
• Trumaine Johnson has signed his franchise tender, Schefter reports.
• Outside linebacker Mark Barron signed a five-year, $45 million deal, according to Rapoport.
• Defensive end Eugene Sims ha signed a three-year, $10 million deal, according to Rapoport.
• Tight end Jordan Cameron accepted a $1.5 million pay cut to remain with the team, according to ESPN.
• The Dolphins have signed former Jaguars offensive lineman Sam Young to a one-year deal for $910,000, according to Rapoport.
• Miami reached a three-year, $12.75 million deal with safety Isa Abdul-Quddus.
• The Dolphins are re-signing quarterback Matt Moore, reports Schefter.
• The Vikings have re-signed safety Andrew Sendejo, who recorded 100 tackles, 0.5 sacks, one fumble recovery and one interception in 2015. Sendejo will reportedly receive $2.5 million guaranteed, $4 million in 2016 and $7 million over the first two years of a four-year deal.
• The Vikings have also brought back wide receiver Adam Thielen and tackle Carter Bykowski.
• Minnesota is holding onto linebacker Audie Cole as he heads into his fifth season with the team.
• The team has agreed to a deal with former 49ers guard Alex Boone, according to Schefter.
• Kenrick Ellis has re-signed, the team announced.
• The Vikings will sign linebacker Travis Lewis, according to reports.
• The Vikings have signed linebacker Emmanuel Lamur, according to Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
• Guard Alex Boone received a four-year, $26.8 million deal with $3.4 million of his 2017 base is guaranteed with no offset, according to NFL.com's Albert Breer.
• The Vikings announced they have re-signed outside linebacker Mike Harris. He played in all 16 games last year.
New Orleans Saints
• The Saints have agreed to a three-year contract with tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, reports Alex Marvez of FOX Sports.
• The Saints signed kicker Josh Scobee, who connected on six of 10 field goals in 2015.
• The Saints have re-signed kicker Kai Forbath.
• The Saints have signed Coby Fleener to a five-year deal worth about $36 million, according to Rapoport.
New York Giants
• The New York Giants are expected to keep Jason Pierre-Paul on a one-year deal, the team announced. The defensive end reportedly turned down offers from other teams to remain with New York.
• The Giants signed cornerback Janoris Jenkins to a five-year deal, the team announced. The deal is worth $62.5 million with $40 million in the first three years and $29 million fully guaranteed.
• The Giants have signed Olivier Vernon to a five-year deal worth $85 million with $52.5 guaranteed, according to SI’s Peter King. The deal has more guaranteed money than J.J. Watt. The team officially announced the deal on Thursday.
New York Jets
• Matt Forte has signed with the Jets, the team announced.
• The Jets have re-signed Bilal Powell to a three-year, $11.25 million deal, according to Tom Pelissero of USA Today.
•The Jets have signed former Saints running back Khiry Robinson one-year deal worth $1.175 million, reports Pelissero.
• The Raiders have agreed to a deal with guard Kelechi Osemele worth up to $60 million over five years, according to Rand Getlin of NFL Network. That deal makes him the highest-paid guard in NFL history, according to Rapoport.
Raiders OL Kelechi Osemele gets $36.6M in the first 3 years of a 5-year, $58.5 million deal. His $6.7M base for '17 = fully guaranteed.— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) March 9, 2016
• Oakland signed a four-year, $40 million deal with cornerback Sean Smith.
• Pittsburgh has re-signed cornerback William Gay.
• The Steelers have signed safety Robert Golden on a three-year deal worth $5 million, reports Rapoport.
• Pittsburgh re-signed wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey to a three-year contract, reportedly worth $3.8 million over three seasons.
• The team has signed guard Ramon Foster to a three-year deal.
• Tight end Ladarius Green is expected to sign with the Steelers, according to Schefter.
• Quarterback Chase Daniel will sign a three-year deal with the Eagles, he announced on Twitter.
• Free safety Rodney McLeod is headed to the Eagles on a five-year, $37 million deal according to multiple reports.
• The Eagles continue their off-season by agreeing to terms on a contract with linebacker Nigel Bradham, according to FOX Sports' Peter Schrager.
San Diego Chargers
• The Chargers signed right tackle Joe Barksdale to a four-year deal worth $22.2 million ($10.5 million of the deal is guaranteed), the team announced.
• The team has agreed to a new two-year deal with 14-year veteran tight end Antonio Gates, according to The San Diego Union-Tribune.
• The Chargers signed former Browns wide receiver Travis Benjamin to a four-year deal worth $24 million that includes $13 million guaranteed, according to Schefter.
• San Diego has added nose tackle Brandon Mebane on a three-year deal, the team announced. Mebane has spent all nine seasons of his career with the Seahawks.
• The Chargers have signed a three-year contract with former Indianapolis Colts safety Dwight Lowery, the team announced.
• Cornerback Casey Howard has signed a three-year, $15.3 million deal, according to Rapoport.
San Francisco 49ers
• The 49ers re-signed linebacker Ray-Ray Armstrong on one-year deal and tendered deals to linebacker Michael Wilhoite and guard Jordan Deve, the team announced.
• The Seahawks have agreed to a new contract with defensive tackle Ahtyba Rubin, the team announced.
• The Seahawks and cornerback Jeremy Lane have agreed to terms on a four-year deal, according to Rapoport.
• Center Ben Jones will sign a four-year, $17.5 million deal with $7.5 million fully guaranteed, according to Breer.
• The Titans have agreed to a one-year deal with quarterback Matt Cassell, according to John Glennon of the Tennessean.
• The Titans agreed to terms with receiver Rishard Matthews on a three-year deal, the team announced.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
• The Buccaneers and Doug Martin have struck a five-year deal worth more than $35 million, according to Schefter.
• The Buccaneers have signed guard J.R. Sweezy, the team announced.
• Cornerback Brent Grimes has signed with the Buccaneers, the team announced.
• The Redskins re-signed safety Duke Ihenacho, according ESPN’s Adam Caplan.
• Washington has signed punter Tress Way to a four-year, $9.4 million extension, according to Rapoport.