NFL free agency is moving into its second week, and while many of the biggest names have already come off the board, teams still have a chance to solidify their rosters for 2016.
Only three players remain on the market from Sports Illustrated’s top 20, but the race remains wide open for players in the middle of the pack. Who has the best chance to land quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick or safety Eric Weddle? Keep up with the latest buzz on which players could be headed where.
Check out the latest rumors and news from around the league below.
Thursday, March 17
• Quarterback Colin Kaerpernick is expected to be on the 49ers roster through April 1, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Wednesday, March 16
3 p.m. ET
• The Browns are releasing wide receiver Dwayne Bowe today, reports Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot.
• Free agent Antonio Allen is signing with the Texans, reports CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora.
• The Ravens have released safety Will Hill, reports The Baltimore Sun’s Jeff Zrebiec.
• Defensive end Quinton Coples has agreed to a two-year deal with the Rams, reports NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport.
Tuesday, March 15
5 p.m. ET
• The Broncos and offensive tackle Ryan Clady are in “fluid” contract talks, Troy Renck of The Denver Post reports.
• Linebacker Shea McClellin is visiting the Seahawks on Tuesday, ESPN’s Adam Caplan reports.
• Tight end Jared Cook is visiting the Packers, according to the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson.
• Safety Antonio Allen is visiting the Texans, reports John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.
• The Redskins signed free agent safety David Bruton to a reported three-year deal worth $9 million.
• The Panthers signed defensive tackle Paul Soliai to a deal worth a reported $7 million over two years.
Monday, March 14
• Right tackle Andre Smith told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press that he is deciding between the Vikings and Cardinals.
• Tight end Zach Miller is returning to the Bears on a two-year contract, the team announced. Miller had a career-high 34 catches and 439 yards last season.
• The Vikings have signed safety Michael Griffin, who played his first nine NFL seasons with the Titans.
• The Denver Broncos are reportedly interested in Colin Kaepernick and believe the quarterback is worth a fourth-round draft pick, according to NFL.com’s Michael Silver.
• Defensive end Quinton Coples is visiting the Los Angeles Rams on Monday, according to Rand Getlin of NFL.com.
• The Philadelphia Eagles are interested in defensive tackle Nick Fairley, reports Mark Eckel of NJ.com.
• Defensive end Chris Long will workout with the Patriots on Monday, reports Trey Wingo of ESPN.