By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The fever pitch surrounding NFL free agency is gone, but there are still plenty of impact players available on the open market, headlined by quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. The biggest news of the day came from the Denver Broncos, who signed a five-year deal with Russell Okung.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Baltimore Ravens cornerback Tray Walker was critically injured in a motorcycle accident in Florida, the team announced.
• The Broncos are now trying to trade left tackle Ryan Clady after signing Okung, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis underwent a procedure on his right wrist and will be limited during the team’s off-season program, the team announced. He is expected to be healthy for the start of training camp.
• The Arizona Cardinals announced that they have re-signed running back Chris Johnson to a one-year deal.
• The New England Patriots are trying to re-work wide receiver Danny Amendola’s contract, reports Rapoport.
• Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank announced that he is cancer free, reports WSB-TV.
• Former Denver Broncos running back Montee Ball is facing new domestic abuse charges stemming from a 2014 argument with a former girlfriend, reports the Wisconsin State Journal’s Ed Treleven. Ball is accused of choking her during the argument.