NFL rumors: Latest news from the off-season on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Though much of the focus around the NFL has turned to the draft, there are still several big name free agents who are on the market. The biggest news of Thursday came from the Washington Redskins, who signed tight end Vernon Davis to a one-year deal.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Denver Broncos are still interested in a trade for San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, but only if he is willing to take a pay cut, reports Mike Klis of 9 News.
• Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt played through five torn muscles last season, reports ESPN’s Tania Ganguli.
• Defensive tackle Terrance Knighton has signed a one-year, $4.5 million deal with the New England Patriots, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
• The Miami Dolphins are interested in trading for any one of the Kansas City Chiefs’ four running backs, reports the Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero.
• New England Patriots safety Patrick Chung has signed an extension that will keep him with the team through the 2018 season, reports ESPN’s Field Yates.
• Alabama running back Derrick Henry will meet with the Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers and Dallas Cowboys, reports NFL.com’s Chase Goodbread.
• Penn State quarterback Christian Hackenberg worked out for the Cowboys on Thursday and will work out for the Philadelphia Eagles next week, reports NJ.com’s Matt Lombardo.