NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, draft picks
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
Now that the NFL Draft is complete, several teams are focusing on new contracts for players before they hit free agency next season.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The NFL warned players that meat from Mexico and China could cause a positive drug test for clenbuterol. ESPN reports that Houston Texans offensive tackle Duane Brown tested positive for the substance following a trip to Mexico, which prompted the warning. Brown was nearly suspended for 10 games before the suspension was successfully appealed.
• Laremy Tunsil’s agent and attorneys are investing his former business manager/financial advisor to see if he is the culprit behind the hacking of Tunsil's social media accounts on draft night. ESPN reports Tunsil's representatives could turn over their findings to the FBI to help pursue criminal charges.
• The Chicago Bears released offensive lineman Matt Slauson following the NFL Draft. Slauson has already set up visits with the Bills and Chargers, reports Adam Caplan of ESPN.
• The Bills turned down the $11.4 million option on backup quarterback E.J. Manuel for next season. However, general manager Doug Whaley told the Buffalo News he’s “very comfortable” with Manuel as the backup and considers Manuel one of the top backups in the NFL.
• The Kansas City Chiefs announced they cut safety Jimmy Wilson and LB Cameron Gordon. Both players were signed earlier this offseason.