By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL draft is over and teams have turned their attention to signing their draft picks and adding free agents. However, this is also the time of the year when teams release players to make room on the roster for draft picks and undrafted free agents.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Pittsburgh Steelers have released offensive tackle Mike Adams with the failed physical designation, reports Adam Schefter. Adams was a second round pick by the team in 2012.
• Tight end Jordan Reed signed a contract extension with The Washington Redskins. It's a five-year, $50 million deal with $22 million guaranteed, reports Pro Football Talk’s Michael David Smith.
• The Cowboys won't put injured rookie linebacker Jaylon Smith on injured reserve. Instead, owner Jerry Jones said the team will take a risk and hope Smith can recover in time for the playoffs.
• The Detroit Lions have added another wide out in their search to replace Calvin Johnson. Pro Football Talk reports the team has signed former Denver Broncos wide receiver Andre Caldwell.
• When the Buffalo Bills called quarterback Cardale Jones to tell him they were picking him, he didn't believe it was real. According to ESPN, Jones thought it was a prank call.
• Keanu Neal became the first first round pick to sign his contract. The Atlanta Falcons announced that they agreed to terms with the No. 17 overall pick.
• The Indianapolis Colts announced they signed center Ryan Kelly. The Colts used the No. 18 overall pick on the former Alabama center.
• Johnny Manziel turned himself in to Dallas Police Wednesday, reports FOX4 News Dallas-Fort Worth. Manziel was released on $1,500 bond and appeared in court Thursday as he faces chargers stemming from a domestic violence incident. The judge told Manziel that he can't have any contact with his ex-girlfriend.