By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season is in the midst of a quiet period. The draft is over, OTAs are underway and only a few notable names are left on the free-agent market. However, there’s still plenty of buzz around the league.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The New York Daily News reports quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is willing to take a one-year, $12 million deal this year with the New York Jets. However, the Jets are not interested in giving Fitzpatrick that deal, according to Rich Cimini of ESPN.
• Former No. 1 overall pick Jake Long is working out with the Chicago Bears on Thursday, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Long has played for the Dolphins, Rams and Falcons in his NFL career.
• Earlier this week, former New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan told The MMQB that his power as coordinator had been taken away. Current Bears defensive lineman Akiem Hicks backed Ryan’s claims in an interview with ESPN.
• Chat Sports: Five college coaches who would be great NFL head coaches
• Thousands of medical records for NFL players were stolen earlier this year, reports Deadspin. A thief broke into a Washington Redskins’ trainer’s car, stealing a backpack that contained a laptop with medical records of NFL combine attendees from the last 13 years.
• Cleveland Browns tight end Gary Barnidge underwent sports hernia surgery, reports Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot. However, Barnidge is expected to be back for training camp.
• The Atlanta Falcons brought in Dwight Freeney for a visit this week, but won’t sign him, according to ESPN. However, the team could revisit adding him later this year.
• Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant underwent an X-ray on his foot Wednesday, reports NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport. While Bryant can start football drills, he’s not quite fully healthy.
• Chat Sports: More NFL news and rumors inside the Chat Sports app
• The Pro Bowl is heading from Hawaii to Orlando, the league announced Wednesday. The 2017 Pro Bowl will be the first of several in Orlando.