By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
NFL teams have turned their attention to preparations for the season with minicamps underway, but there are still several big-name free agents available that are creating some buzz.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The NFL is looking into the nightclub incident that resulted in Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib being shot this weekend, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Mike Klis of 9 News in Denver reports that Talib accidentally shot himself.
• Free-agent cornerback Brandon Boykin may have a career-threatening hip injury, reports the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Ed Bouchette.
• New England Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler called his absence from OTAs a “big misunderstanding” due to a family issue, reports ESPN’s Mike Reiss.
• Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski didn’t participate in Tuesday’s mandatory minicamp due to an undisclosed physical ailment, reports ESPN’s Reiss.
• San Francisco 49ers quarterback Blaine Gabbert is the “heavy favorite” to land the starting job over Colin Kaepernick, reports NFL Network’s Michael Silver.
• Safety Roman Harper has signed with the New Orleans Saints, the team announced.
• Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey was waived seven months after he was shot in the head, reports ESPN’s Nick Wagoner.