NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season is in a lull; however, there are still plenty of happenings around the league, including discussion about contract extensions, one of which is notably Von Miller’s.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• With the Miller contract talks at an impasse, the Denver Broncos are discussing extensions with two other players, reports Mike Klis of KUSA. Denver is talking deals with wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders and inside linebacker Brandon Marshall.
• Roddy White told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he’ll only play for the “maybe six teams” he considers Super Bowl contenders. If White does not get an offer from one of those teams by Week 4 or 5, he’ll likely retire.
• The Chicago Bears worked out several tight ends on Thursday, reports the Chicago Tribune. The most notable name among the group was Tony Moeaki, who was the Kansas City Chiefs’ third-round pick in 2010. He spent last season with the Atlanta Falcons.
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Dirk Koetter tossed tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins out of practice on Thursday. Koetter later told the Tampa Bay Times that the tight end was thrown out because Seferian-Jenkins “didn't know what he was doing,” but added that the situation wasn’t a big deal.
• New Orleans Saints defensive end Hau’oli Kikaha tore his ACL and will likely miss the rest of the season, according to the New Orleans Advocate. Kikaha also tore his ACL twice in college.
• For the first time in six months, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick spoke to reporters. Kaepernick said he is happy to be in San Francisco despite the fact that he has not spoken to general manager Trent Baalke since reporting for off-season conditioning in April.
• Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Ty Powell has retired, the team announced. Although Powell signed with the Eagles just three weeks ago, he signed with the team as he was coming off a torn ACL.