NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
With the NFL off-season in its final stages, only a few notable names remain on the open market. In addition to the commencement of minicamps, there have been additional developments across the league, many of which have been centered on injuries.
Check out the latest NFL rumors and news below.
• Carolina Panthers offensive tackle Michael Oher has signed a three-year extension with the team, reports Pro Football Talk. The new deal is worth $21.6 million, with $9.5 million guaranteed.
• The Miami Dolphins announced that they have cut quarterback Logan Thomas, who was a fourth round pick by the Arizona Cardinals in 2014. With Thomas off the roster, the Dolphins will have to turn to quarterbacks Brandon Doughty, Zac Dysert, Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill.
• Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey talked to ESPN about the multiple surgeries and infections he has endured, which prevented him from playing last season. Pouncey’s “scary” season included six surgeries, a skin graft, a staph infection and an E. coli infection.
• The Chicago Bears will sign two players, reports The Chicago Tribune. Tight end Tony Moeaki, a former third round pick by the Kansas City Chiefs, and Marquis Jackson, the twin brother of Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Malik Jackson, will join the team.
• The Los Angeles Rams gave up multiple picks in order to take Jared Goff No. 1 overall. However, Goff will not be at the top of the depth chart to start training camp; instead, head coach Jeff Fisher told reporters that Case Keenum will start at the top for now. Goff will take over only when he’s ready.
• Head coach Pete Carroll told reporters that he expects tight end Jimmy Graham and running back Thomas Rawls to be ready for the start of the season. Both players suffered season-ending injuries with the Seattle Seahawks last year.
• Baltimore Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs is recovering from a torn achilles he sustained early last season. However, head coach John Harbaugh told the Baltimore Sun that Suggs “has a real chance” to be ready for the start of training camp.
• The Baltimore Sun has reported that running back Trent Richardson will need arthroscopic knee surgery for a pre-existing issue. Richardson will be out indefinitely.