NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
With the NFL off-season in a quiet state, anticipation for the start of training camps persists.
However, despite the calmness, league news has not ceased entirely. The biggest story of Tuesday revolves around Broncos linebacker Von Miller, who has openly stated that he will only play this season if he receives a long-term extension.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The NFL is blaming the NFLPA for delaying interviews in their HGH investigation, reports The MMQB’s Emily Kaplan.
• Free-agent cornerback Leon Hall is expected to sign with a team this week, reports Fox Sports 910’s Mike Jurecki. The Cardinals, Cowboys, Falcons and Giants have all shown interest in him.
• Running back Arian Foster is expected to be healthy for training camp after tearing his Achilles in October, reports ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler. Three teams have expressed interest in signing the free agent.
• Cleveland Browns cornerback Joe Haden wrote in a column for The MMQB that the Cavaliers’ NBA title has provided motivation for the team this season.
• Kansas City Chiefs safety Eric Berry won the George Halas Award for overcoming adversity, reports the Associated Press. Berry overcame a Hodgkin’s lymphoma diagnosis in 2014 and was named an All-Pro last season.
• The Chiefs have plans to get involved with the St. Louis market after the Rams move to Los Angeles, according to the team’s website.
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Robert Ayers told the Pewter Report that the team got “a little less terrible” during the off-season.